Friday, March 29, 2013

How it all started

I was raised in the highlands, was born in Baguio City and spent my teenage years in Sabangan, Mt. Province,

our attention is focused on tilling the farm and going to school. Focus on having a degree in college and finding a job. Grandma gave us 2 choices: Go to school, finish and be professionals or Be farmers forever. I obviously chose the former. After college and working in Manila for a couple of years, all of the people I've met when asked where I come from would not believe me when I say that I am an IGOROT. They thought IGOROTS are dark, short, kinky haired and flat nosed. I laughed at how they imagine igorots are, and so I enlightened them with how Igorots look as compared to the Aetas from the low lands.

AETAS

Aeta (Before)
Aeta (present)



IGOROTS
Igorots (Before)
Igorot (Present)
Igorots are more likely to be compared to Native Americans when it comes to facial, bone, body and other features.


 When my friends and colleagues were enlightened on the difference between the Aetas and the Igorots they started to ask me questions about Baguio City and the Mt. Provinces. For people from the low lands who are used to the hot temperature specially during summer, they begin to get interest in the highlands, our way of living and traditions. Here, I will be your guide. Show you places to go, what to do, what to try, what not to do, where to stay, where to eat on a budget and how to get here based on my personal experiences and opinion.(Will be posted on my next blog.)


No comments:

Post a Comment